If you dream of schools that. . .
are funded fairly and equitably
have excellent teachers
are safe spaces for all students, regardless of race, gender, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that makes a student who she or he is
provide students with enough books, librarians, counselors, and the resources they need to learn
don’t push students out with suspensions, expulsions, and arrests
prepare young people for success in college and careers
…then take action!
- Attend your next local school board meeting and speak up for students, families, and community members.
- Get your community informed and organized:
Create a Community Power Map
Plan a campaign to end the Schoolhouse to Jailhouse Track
- Join a national education campaign.
- Use photography and social media to help shape the national conversation about our public schools.
- Participate in I Dream A+ School.